Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Road Trip to UTAH!!!

Caleb
Spencer
Spencer and Caleb
Kevin
Josh
Caleb again

March 27th, 2010- March 28th, 2010

The Hatches (-Jake) decided that they were going to go to Utah for a week during there spring break to see there grandparents, and a wonderful opportunity for me to move there also came about. Living in Wisconsin there is really no place for anyone to get a job so I struggled with being unemployed for quite sometime. Kimberly's parents had given me a wonderful opportunity to come and live with them, and to be able to learn some skills that I had never learned at home. I took the opportunity as a new stepping stone for the direction in which I wanted my life to go, and knew that I would be blessed for taking this opportunity. I tend to have a fear of the unknown, but Utah has been wonderful so far. I've made new friends here, and will be singing for Stake Conference at the Conference Center next month, which is going to be so exciting. Not many people have the opportunity to do that, but I do!! Back to the road trip now though, lol, so after mapqusting, packing and saying my goodbyes we set out early on Saturday March 27th, 2010 for our 22 hour car ride. I thought that the ride would be hard, because I've only been in a car for a 6 hour car ride when I went to California last August but, I actually really enjoyed being in the car and spending time with Kimberly, Kevin, Josh, Caleb and Spencer. They have become really close and important people in my life. I consider them more like part of my church family than I would just a neighbor or friend. I cant wait to see who they are when they become adults- I know that is kinda far away still, but I know that they are going to be wonderful people. In order to get to Utah we had to go through 5 states, well some of Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, and then had to travel through some of Utah as well. The first night we made it to North Platte, Nebraska. We got a hotel (which had wi-fi) :) and we went to Penny's Diner for dinner, its a 50's place. We also went there for breakfast the next morning because it was included in the cost of the hotel room. The next morning after breakfast we left super early, we wanted to make it to Utah on the Sunday instead of taking till the Monday to get there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! I didn't know you have a blog, awesome. Congrats on your new job! I hope you can make it up to Logan sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come up to Logan and visit you soon, also... your daughter is so adorable... I love her...

    ReplyDelete

~SHANNON MARIE~

My photo
Layton, Utah, United States
My name is Shannon. I am currently 19 years old. I was born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin, and moved to Layton, Utah a little over a month ago. I really like it here and have been able to meet and make friends with some really nice people. I never thought a month ago when I was given the opportunity to move that it would be something i'd love but Utah has been shown that it is amazing and that I could see myself living here the rest of my life. I will be attending Brigham Young University in Idaho this January and studying family and consumer sciences. I plan on graduating in 2015. I am a very unique person in the fact that I learned about the gospel of Jesus Christ from the missionaries and the neighbor I lived with next door to me in Wisconsin. I learned about the blessings of the sacred gospel and how it can bless lives. I got baptized and found that heavenly father after my baptism blessed me with numerous things including, moving to Utah, a job at the Deseret Industries and the fact that I was accepted into Brigham Young University.

Followers