Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FAMILY :D

I have a big support system from Wisconsin to California to Utah... There are lot of wonderful family members and friends who are as close as a family member in my life. They've one way or another made me the person that I am today, and I am so thankful for the contributions that they've had in my life.

Aunt Kath, Aunt Becca & I

Aunt Kath

I really didn't know my Aunt Kath that much when I was growing up, she lived in California while I lived in Wisconsin... When they came to Wisconsin to visit they really didn't stay long enough for me to get to know them that well. I always knew in my heart that I wanted to hang a really strong relationship, and that I really wanted one thing for a graduation present. That was the opportunity to be able to go out to California and spend some time with my aunt, uncle and twin cousins. After graduation, my Aunt Kath sent me a package in the mail. It was my graduation present. Inside was a box of chocolate, body spray and a medium sized circle box. I shook the box, but was very interested that nothing made noise. So, I decided to open it. I began reading a letter which was inside this box, and tears began to fill my eyes. My hopes and dreams to be able to go on a plane to see my aunt, uncle and cousins had come true... It was the best present that I have ever received. While in California I began to develop a stronger and closer relationship with my aunt, uncle and both of my twin cousins. It was touching for the fact that my grandparents had both passed away months earlier and I knew that me becoming closer would hopefully bring my family stronger. Aunt Kath- I don't think you know that I have a blog but if for some reason you read this I was you to know that I am so grateful still for the wonderful graduation present that you and Uncle Rick gave to me. Seeing the difference that it had from Wisconsin was so eye-opening, and I kind of believe that was one of the reasons that I decided to move to Utah. I need to spread my wings and become the person that I want to become. Learn from my mistakes while having some fun doing it. I know that things may get rough at times, but I am strong and know that I have wonderful family that love and support me through no matter what I decide to do.

Aunt Becca-
I don't know where to begin to describe how thankful I am for the relationship that I ed me... I don't think that I would have been able to do it if you wouldn't have stepped into my lifhave with you. You are such an amazing blessing in my life. Being able to talk to you when I was a teenager growing up and all of the hardships that I've had to go through, helpe, like you did... I know that if something is wrong or bothering me, that you'll always be there to talk to me and to support me through it, and your love and guidance means so much to me. You are like my second mother, thats how I feel.. That I have a confident and strong mother/daughter type relationship.. I love it and I love you and your entire family... :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

~SHANNON MARIE~

My photo
Layton, Utah, United States
My name is Shannon. I am currently 19 years old. I was born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin, and moved to Layton, Utah a little over a month ago. I really like it here and have been able to meet and make friends with some really nice people. I never thought a month ago when I was given the opportunity to move that it would be something i'd love but Utah has been shown that it is amazing and that I could see myself living here the rest of my life. I will be attending Brigham Young University in Idaho this January and studying family and consumer sciences. I plan on graduating in 2015. I am a very unique person in the fact that I learned about the gospel of Jesus Christ from the missionaries and the neighbor I lived with next door to me in Wisconsin. I learned about the blessings of the sacred gospel and how it can bless lives. I got baptized and found that heavenly father after my baptism blessed me with numerous things including, moving to Utah, a job at the Deseret Industries and the fact that I was accepted into Brigham Young University.

Followers